Fort Lauderdale Animal Rescue
Abandoned Pet Rescue (APR) founded in 1996, is a 501(C)(3) IRS tax-exempt, qualified non-profit charitable organization that rescues and shelters abandoned, abused, and neglected pets, rehabilitates them and finds them new homes. APR is one of the largest no kill animal shelters in South Florida and is devoted to the welfare of all animals. Most of the over 300 animals are primarily Cats and Dogs in need of help. While pet overpopulation is declining throughout the country, the number of animals brought to South Florida shelters is increasing.
All donations made to Abandoned Pet Rescue are tax deductible. To make a donation, please click the image below:
OUR WISH LIST
We always gratefully accept in-kind donations. We are most in need of canned cat food. Please drop off any of the following items:
- Dry cat food - Friskies, Purina One, Cat Chow
- Canned cat food - Friskies, Whiskas, Fancy Feast
- Paper Towels
- Garbage Bags
- Clorox wipes
- Liquid dish washing soap
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Kong chew toys for dogs
- Catnip cat toys
- Gift cards to Walmart, PetSmart, PetSupermarket, Publix
- Cash donations to help to care for our animals
- Donations of construction/electrical/plumbing supplies and expertise would be greatly appreciated.
- If you might be interested in donating land and/or a facility, our BIG DREAM is to create an adoption facility and sanctuary where our pets have lots of room to explore, play and rest comfortably while waiting to be adopted.
Our ability to rescue pets in our community relies solely on donations from supporters. We keep our adoption fee as low as possible to facilitate adoptions. Our vet expenses are substantial because of the horrific condition of some of the dogs which come from abused and or neglect situations. None of our volunteers are paid for their time and wonderful care they provide for the pets.
If you would like to financially foster a pet, please send a check made payable to Abandoned Pet Rescue and mail to: 1137 NE 9th Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304. You may also donate by clicking on the "PayPal Donate" button located on the right sidebar of this website. Just a SMALL donation will help a LARGE amount of unwanted pets. All donations are tax deductible.