SPCA Lakeland Florida hours
SPCA Florida welcomes volunteers who share our vision of healthy animals and humane communities.
Your decision to volunteer should be made with the understanding of the commitment and effort required. We provide many opportunities for animal handling and customer service training, and we are looking for people from all walks of life who meet the following minimum requirements:
• Must be 16 years old or older
• Must be able to give a 6-month commitment (average of 2 hours per week)
• Must be able to fully support SPCA Florida’s vision, mission and policies and be able to communicate those to the public
• Must demonstrate good customer service skills and be able to work well in a team environment
Please note there is a $15 registration fee due after acceptance into the program, which covers a volunteer t-shirt, name badge and volunteer manual.
We are in great need of volunteers who are available to work weekdays, especially in the morning.
- The Volunteer Manager will contact you regarding upcoming Volunteer Orientation Classes
- Once you have attended orientation, an assessment interview will be scheduled to discuss your interests and determine if there is a match to our current needs
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with SPCA Florida. We truly appreciate your desire to become part of the solution to the problem of homeless and neglected companion animals in our community.