Best Pet Adoption Website
Our adoption centers
By adopting from the Best Friends Pet Adoption Center or the NKLA (No-Kill Los Angeles) Pet Adoption Center, you are changing the life of not only that pet, but also the life of a pet waiting for a home at one of our six Los Angeles City Shelters. For every new pet that finds a home, we go to our shelters and save another life. Both pet adoption centers have expert caregivers, trainers, and friendly adoption specialists on staff to help you find the pet that's perfect for you. Thanks for helping us Save Them All!
- All adoptable pets are up-to-date on vaccinations, microchipped, and spayed or neutered.
- Just bring your driver’s license or another valid form of ID, as well as a collar and leash or carrier (or purchase one on site), and your new best friend can go home with you today!
Best Friends Pet Adoption Center in Mission Hills
15321 Brand Blvd.
Mission Hills, California 91345
- More than 400 dogs and cats of all breeds and sizes
- Doggie socialization and play yards, cage-free CATopia and family meet & greet rooms
- Open 7 Days a Week, noon to 8pm
- *Holiday Hours (New Year's Eve, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day) - open noon to 5pm
IMPORTANT : These pets can all be found at one of two Best Friends locations in Los Angeles. When you find your favorite, please check the "site" to see whether he or she is at Best Friends Pet Adoption Center in Mission Hills or at the NKLA Pet Adoption Center in West LA. And remember, prices and specials might be different at the two locations.
NKLA Pet Adoption Center in West L.A.
1845 Pontius Ave
West Los Angeles, California 90025
Just off Santa Monica Boulevard and the 405 Freeway, minutes from Century City Mall
- More than 100 dogs, cats, puppies and kittens of all breeds and sizes from featured NKLA Coalition partners
- Doggie socialization and play yards, family meet & greet rooms, and pet care resource library
Please keep in mind, to be considered as an adopter, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have identification showing your present address
- Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care of the animal
Save time! Fill out a pet adoption survey:
If you've found the pet you want at either pet center, you can print and fill out an adoption survey below. Then bring it with you when you come in to meet your potential new pet, so your adoption process will already be underway!