Pets Adoption binghamton NY
What We Do:
- The Broome County Dog Shelter is dedicated to the following:
- Accepting all stray adoptable dogs and puppies from our contracted municipalities.
- Providing safe, clean housing and medical care for all adoptable dogs and puppies in our care.
- Providing a central location for owners to find and recover their missing pets.
- Accepting adoptable dogs and puppies that owners are unable to keep for any reason.
- Matching adoptable dogs and puppies with compatible, loving, adoptive families.
- Camp Barkalot - limited/specialized dog/puppy boarding for pets adopted from our shelter. Call for info.
- Providing referral information for any animal-related concern. Our staff can help you acquire the information you need!
- Promoting the importance of dog licensing, spaying and neutering, vaccinations, obedience and behavioral training.
- Increasing community awareness of the stray and pet over-population problems through shelter tours and off-site education programs.
Camp Barkalot is proud to offer limited boarding for that special canine family member who is unable to travel with you! We offer knowledgeable, caring staff, heated kennel floors and play/excercise yards. In the summer our yards are equipped with pools! For information on space availability or to book a "room", call the Broome County Dog Shelter at 607.778.2493.
Animal Cruelty Concerns In Broome County
Call the BC Humane Society (607.724.3709) and/or the police agency responsible for the municipality where the animal(s) are being kept/neglected/abused.
Preparing for Emergency Evacuation with Your Pets
Remember. if it is not safe for you to stay, it is not safe to leave your pet(s).
[ More Information ]
Heartwarming Stories . . .
Sighs of the Heart
By becoming a volunteer at the Broome County Dog Shelter, you have the ability to make the lives of homeless dogs brighter while they wait to find their forever home. Stop by the shelter at 110 Culter Pond Rd. Binghamton, NY 13905 to fill out a volunteer application and see how you can help!