Humane Society Miami Clinic
Miami-Dade Animal Services offers donor-subsidized spay/neuter services for dogs and cats at a low cost at the Pet Adoption and Protection Center. This service is available to Miami-Dade County residents only. Your patience is appreciated as Miami-Dade County's Animal Services Department is limited to the amount of surgeries offered per day. A surgical appointment can be scheduled online. Pet owners can also call 311 to schedule a surgical appointment.
- $30 cost for the spay & neuter services.
- Surgeries for dogs are offered every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (excluding County holidays).
- To qualify for the surgery, dogs must be at least 3 months old and weigh between 3 and 50 pounds.
- $15 cost for the spay & neuter services.
- Surgeries for cats are offered every Thursday and Friday (excluding County holidays).
- To qualify for the surgery, cats must be at least 3 months old and weigh at least 3 pounds.
- No food or water for the animal after 9 p.m. the night before the surgery.
- Female dogs and female cats cannot be spayed when they are nursing. They may be spayed when they are pregnant or in heat.
- Proof of current rabies vaccination for cats or dogs over 4 months of age is required. Rabies vaccine can be obtained on the day of the surgery for $15 (or $5 if owner is on public assistance). A copy or the original rabies certificate presented must include the veterinarian's signature. Receipts outlining veterinary care/vaccinations will not be accepted.
- Registration is at 7:30 a.m. The check-in process can take from 30-60 minutes so please plan accordingly on the day of the surgery appointment. Pet owners should arrive with their cat or dog in a crate or on a leash. After 9:30 a.m, all surgeries with appointments lose their priority status and become walk-ins subject to availability.
Animal Services will continue to accommodate a limited number of walk-in spay and neuter surgeries on Thursdays and Fridays for cats only, in case those with an appointment do not come in. Sundays are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for dogs only. It is recommended that pet owners arrive early as there is limited availability.
Schedule an appointment online
This service is available to Miami-Dade County residents only. Your patience is appreciated as Miami-Dade County's Animal Services Department is limited to the amount of surgeries offered per day.
NOTE: Starting June 13, all appointments will now be taking place at the new Pet Adoption and Protection Center located at 3599 NW 79 Ave. Doral, FL.