Save a life Adopt a Shelter Pet
Volunteers and fosters are a critical part of Save a Life Pet Rescue’s success. Save a Life Pet Rescue relies on volunteers and fosters to assist with the rescue, care, and adoption of a vast number of animals. Please consider assisting with Save a Life Pet Rescue’s mission of saving and enriching the lives of dogs and cats of all ages, breeds, sizes, and conditions that have suffered from neglect, cruelty, abandonment, or overpopulation in high-kill animal shelters.
How You Can Help:
- Foster an animal
- Assist at an adoption event
- Help care for animals (e.g., feed, give water, walk with, play with)
- Transport animals from high-kill shelters to Save a Life Pet Rescue
- Write grants for Save a Life Pet Rescue
- Fundraise for Save a Life Pet Rescue
- Plan events for Save a Life Pet Rescue
Volunteering with Save a Life Pet Rescue provides a great opportunity to:
- Experience rewarding fulfillment from helping animals in need
- Explore the field of animal rescue
- Meet people who share your love of animals
- Gain valuable work experience
- Learn from experienced professionals within the field of animal rescue
Before volunteering, please consider that Save a Life Pet Rescue operates in a busy, working environment, where pet allergens, cleaning agents, and high noise levels exist. Also be aware that some volunteer opportunities may require you to work with rescued dogs and cats that do not have perfect manners or temperaments.
Note that adoption event volunteers must wear jeans and sneakers while volunteering. No other attire is acceptable. Save a Life Pet Rescue enforces this rule for the safety and comfort of its volunteers.
Because Save a Life Pet Rescue does not have a physical shelter space, fosters play a pivotal role in our organization’s ability to take in dogs and cats in need of a home. As a foster for Save a Life Pet Rescue, you provide a temporary home, socialization, and individual care to a rescued dog or cat until Save a Life finds a loving, forever home for the animal. If you are interested in fostering for Save a Life Pet Rescue, please complete the following foster application and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. After reviewing your application, a Save a Life Pet Rescue representative will contact you.