May 1, 2020
Philadelphia Pit Bull Rescue
Our Featured Pet...ROCKI
Who We AreThe Polished Pitbull, a pitbull-only rescue in the Philadelphia suburbs We are a dedicated group of pitbull lovers in the Philadelphia area. Our goal is to take temperamentally-sound dogs and find them great homes. We teach our dogs basic obedience skills and have a wonderful relationships with trainers throughout the area who can help with any issues such as jumping, counter surfing, leash walking. We need adopters and the public alike to have a better understanding of pitbull and pitbull mix dogs. There is way too much misinformation out there! Unscrupulous people are using them as a cash-crop, for illegal dog-fighting and gambling. It wasn't always this way. Back in the day, Petey of the Little Rascals, a happy pitbull in the neighborhood, is a dog we all (most of us) remember! We are NOT a shelter. If you are thinking of surrendering your pitbull to a shelter and your dog is a people-loving pitbull, please think twice. Every urban shelter in the United States is full of pitbulls; most of them are euthanized due to lack of space. 2000-3000 a DAY are killed in shelter throughout the US. Many will ONLY euthanize pitbulls and are NOT rescue-friendly, so please consider this carefully before you take that final step. For tips on rehoming your dog, please check On a RARE case by case basis, we consider owner-surrenders who are kid-friendly and dog-social.
Adopting an orphan doggieAdoption Policy:
- You must be at least 23 years of age. Sorry, but the younger you are, the more you like to move around and this is not a good situation for most dogs and they end up, back with the rescue.
- Fill out an application and after we review the application, we will visit you in your home with the dog you are interested in. We like to take a walk together; sit around and chat and see if this is a good fit for you and for the dog.
- Show solid references, including your veterinarian and friends who can vouch for you.
- Landlord approval, if renting. If you own your home, we need to see a good environment for the dog, which in most cases, means a solid 6 foot fence. Hey, these are terriers! They like to jump. However, not having a fenced yard does not eliminate you as a potential adoption candidate. We DO need to know however, how your dog will get the required exercise that he/she needs. If you already have a dog and are looking for a companion dog, we definitely want to see a fenced yard.
- Everyone in your household must agree to the adoption. Thats right, all of you.
- Sign a legally binding adoption agreement.
- Our adoption fee is $150.
- All adoptions start as a two week 'trial' sleepover.
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]
Share this article
October 17, 2018
May 27, 2017
April 25, 2020