Coastal Bend Humane Society
- GED, High School diploma or higher education
- 1-2 years animal care experience preferred but not required
- Strong data entry and computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Commensurate with experience. This position is non-exempt.
Responsible for providing safe and sanitary conditions for animals and people by assuring all animals’ nutrition, housing and basic medical needs are met on a daily basis. Responsible for providing friendly, positive, compassionate counseling to adopters as well as to people surrendering animals and overall exemplary customer service to any visitors at the shelter. Must be able to handle stressful situations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all tasks within the parameters of the written Policies and Procedures (SOP) of the Coastal Humane Society.
- Responsible for daily cleaning kennels/cages/contents and housing areas per SOP.
- Responsible for ensuring that each animal receives food and water, bathing/grooming and for providing humane handling when animals need to be moved per SOP.
- Monitors animal health and behavior and documents/reports any changes per SOP.
- Administers and documents medications and medical treatments, as directed by Shelter Manager or Veterinarian.
- Provides daily exercise and kennel/cage enrichment per SOP.
- Greets and assists visitors interested in adopting, counsels adopters in lifestyle and personality matches, and provides information about care and treatment of their pets.
- Serves as a friendly and accommodating educational resource to all visitors in the shelter; serves as a compassionate counselor to owners surrendering animals.
- Assists in the cleaning, laundry, organization and maintenance of the facility and grounds.
- Assists with inventory, restocking supplies and runs errands as necessary.
- Assists volunteers in carrying out their duties and aids in training volunteers.
- Data entry and utilization of population management via shelter computer program.
- Process citizen intakes, return to owners, and animal control intakes.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or the Executive Director.